Monday 10 March 2014

A peek in to my sewing room

At last. The day has come where I can finally say, I am no longer a sewing hobo! I've moved my things back into the room I sewed in before it became impossible with a baby in tow. She was cute though so I didn't mind.

But the baby is now a toddler and with things going the way they are, there is no reason for me not to be back upstairs, where I belong. 

I have a Sewing Room everybody!

That vintage Singer belonged to my Grandmother and I was so stoked when Mum gave it to me. I can remember her teaching me to sew on this when I was little so there's lots of happy memories attached to it. No surprise that it was given pride of place on the shelf.

This here is how I store my fabric. In a bunch of old apple crates Dan bought me for my birthday last year. I love that I can see them all again, instead of having them stuffed out of sight in an ugly old wardrobe.

This year's birthday present from Dan is another nice touch to the room. Hanging pots for your plants that are er...well, upside down.
I have to admit I thought the plants would die off almost immediately, but so far this ivy and the jasmine I have in the other pot seem to be doing fine. Who knew?

And look how sunny this room is! I'm looking forward to working in here over the summer with the windows wide open. 

And this folks, is why I've been so quiet on here for the past couple of weeks. Yes I know it doesn't look like much, but you would not believe the work involved to get this little lot together! 

So there you have it. This sewing hobo has found a home. And what better way to wrap up this post than a sneak peek of what I'm working on at the moment. 
This is one of four spring dresses that I'll be listing in the shop soon. The necklace is in the idea stage.
 
So there you have it. Dresses are being made, ideas are forming, things are happening. And it makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other posts you might be interested in..



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...